Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

IOS widgets not working after updating to 17.6.1

davidmorton3000 says:
I use a widget for a smart list and it is now defaulting to the today list instead of the smart list. This happened upon update with my iPhone and I encountered the same issue when I updated my iPad today. The widget still works with tags.
Posted at 3:02pm on August 19, 2024
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi davidmorton3000,
Thanks for reporting this. I've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience here!

Let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime. 💙
Posted 3 weeks ago
nocturnal9 says:
I’m having this problem as well. I filed a report about a week ago, waiting to hear anything back.
Posted 3 weeks ago
kev1n says:
Same here with ios 18. Today is always displayed regardless of which smartlist is set.
Posted 3 weeks ago
Thanks for your reports as well! nocturnal9, I think you were the first one to contact us and I had written you back last week—thanks again for letting us know! 💙
Posted 3 weeks ago
nocturnal9 says:
yep, that was 12 days ago. Any update? It’s very frustrating.
Posted 3 weeks ago
opuntia2 says:
I reported it almost one month ago (7/30), still no fix. I too noticed that the widget works with tags so I was able to come up with a workaround, but it’s not ideal.
Posted 3 weeks ago
I don't have an update yet, sorry about that. I will check with the development team on this and see if we have a resolution soon. 💙
Posted 3 weeks ago
ragmana says:
@opunita2, thanks for mentioning that tags work. @andrewski, thanks for sharing what you can when you can. The SNL skit about CNN’s home pregnancy test comes to mind : )
Posted 15 days ago
jada40 says:
Any updates from the development team?
Posted 8 days ago
We appreciate your patience! The development team has identified something that changed in iOS 17.6.1 that caused the widgets to stop working and we are looking into a fix/workaround.

Of course an app update will be the final word, but I'll share any, um, updates otherwise in the meantime. 😅
Posted 6 days ago
opuntia2 says:
With iOS 18 coming out today, I assume the development team has been working with the beta to make sure the RTM app is up-to-date with the latest iOS, thus can we expect an update in the next day or two that will fix this widget issue (and provide support with iOS18)?
Posted 1 day ago
Hi opuntia2,
Yes, the update should be available very soon! Thanks again for your patience, everyone, and sorry for the inconvenience here.

Happy updating and please let us know if we can help with anything else! 💙
Posted 1 day ago
opuntia2 says:
Bummer, I updated to iOS 18 after which I saw there was an update to the RTM app...but it didn't fix the widget issue :(
Posted 1 day ago
kev1n says:
Same here. iOS 18, updated to RTM to version 9.0.0, and the same problem exists. Removed widget, uninstalled/reinstalled app, added widget, and the same problem exists. iPhone 14 pro.
Posted 30 hours ago
Sorry y'all! In 9.0.0 the widget should work in some cases but we're seeing after updating to iOS 18 that it's working for some but not all Smart Lists. We're looking into a fix for that.

If you have an example of a Smart List that does work and one that doesn't, could you contact us with some more details? We'd love to keep track of those as we narrow in on this. Thanks again. 💙
Posted 20 hours ago
opuntia2 says:
Unfortunately all 7 of my smart lists don’t work. I created a new one just to see but same result.
Posted 19 hours ago
Okay, 9.0.1 should be out soon and will fix the remaining issue with Smart Lists.

Any widget not working will likely need to be reconfigured by editing it, tapping the widget to show the chooser, and re-choosing the Smart List or view.

Please let us know if any issues continue with 9.0.1, and thanks again for your details and patience while we resolved this! 💙
Posted 18 hours ago