Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM, Thunderbird 5, Lightning, Outlook 2010, Windows 7

philnh says:
When I go to open my Thunderbird 5, with Lightning, my Outlook opens also and Outlook asks me if I want to "Add the Internet Calendar to updates?" and then references my Remember the Milk tasks at www.rememberthemilk/calendar/myusername/.
Do you have any ideas as to what is causing Outlook to open like this?
Phil
Posted at 5:50pm on June 29, 2011
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Phil,
It may be that Outlook is associated with iCalendar subscriptions and that Thunderbird is causing it to open for some reason.

If you have any further problems, would it be possible for you to contact us so we could discuss some details?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
@ Phil, I had the same problem...it was the RTM provider extension. It doesn't work with TB 5, so I removed it and no longer get the additional pop-up when TB starts.

HTH
- John
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi John,
Thanks for providing that information; we'll keep that in mind for any future issues as well.
Posted 12 years ago
davidbone says:
I am also having the same problem.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
davidbone,
Would you be able to contact us so we can take a closer look? Please let us know if you're using the provider for Lightning that jtruchon mentioned.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
bencollier says:
I'm having this same problem, trying to integrate RTM with Thunderbird 5. There used to be a provider, but it is now no longer working.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
The Thunderbird/Lightning provider for Remember the Milk was created by a third party developer. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with this add-on to be able to say why it's causing errors with Thunderbird 5, but the developer may be able to help you.

I'm sorry we're not able to provide support for third party apps.

Hope this helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.