Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to auto-select a newly created task?

joegtd says:
I'm guessing there's an easy way to do this, but I haven't seen it in the FAQ.

When I create a new task, I'd like to have it selected automatically so I can edit properties like due date, tags, notes, etc.

Right now, after I type in the name and hit enter, the task is created, but then I have to find it in the list of tasks, and then select it in order to edit task properties.
Posted at 4:33pm on November 8, 2010
joegtd says:
OK, so I noticed that I can click on the notification at the top of the page when a new task is created in order to select the task. This is quicker than searching for the task and then selecting it.

But surely there is a way to auto-select a newly created task?
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
This is something we recently changed with the addition of the Smart Add features. More information about Smart Add, and about the auto-selection changes, is on our blog (see "Bonus tweaks (read this!)").

The reason we did this is because we made it very easy to set these kinds of properties when adding a task. For example, for priority, you can just add "!1" to your task, e.g. "This task is really important due tomorrow !1". (Read more about Smart Add on our website.)

If you really want auto-selection, you can turn off Smart Add in your Settings (on the General tab), but this would remove this kind of functionality.

Hope this helps!
Posted 13 years ago
joegtd says:
OK, great, that helps. I've been using smart add in the RTM Android app, so just have to get used to using it in the web app.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.